Spectra-Physics is looking for a self-motivated laser service Engineer who has experience working with Ultra-Fast laser systems, and/or Nano-Second laser systems who can work independently in a fast paced environment supporting scientific and industrial accounts for Spectra-Physics products.
This position is based in their home office in Southern California supporting our customers in California, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Utah, and Nevada.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Ultra-Fast laser systems, and/or Nano-Second laser systems
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and application teams and participate in customer meetings
- Answer technical questions from our customers regarding system repairs and applications
- Stay current with the latest upgrades and training of new products and software
- Maintain historical performance and repair information
- Log and create field service reports
- Minimum B.S in Photonics or related fields with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Experience with diode pump amplifier systems is a must
- Opto-mechanical, and automated manufacturing systems experience a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with new electrical, mechanical and laser systems
- Excellent communication skills a must
- High degree of proficiency of PC skills including MS Office, SAP, and data analysis applications
Please contact Tim Villeneuve for more information: Tim.Villeneuve@mksinst.com.